This is a demo Laravel project aimed at junior developers to practice their skills. This is a task for the Beginner Level of the Laravel Roadmap, with the goal to implement as many of its topics as possible. This article contains both the task and its possible solution, with the repository link at the end.
First, I provide the task description, as it would appear on any job board like Upwork, from the client. I hope that you would take this description and try to create the project yourself, but then, later, you may take a look at our prepared repository, with comments, in the second half of this article.
The Task: Simple CRM System for Managing Clients
You should create an adminpanel-like system to manage Clients, Projects, Tasks with CRUD operations.
A few screenshots from the example solution:
You can come up with whatever structure of the database tables you want, but please try to use all the Laravel features listed below.
Features to implement
Here's the list of Roadmap features you need to try to implement in your code:
- Route Model Binding in Resource Controllers
- Route Redirect - homepage should automatically redirect to the login form
- Database Seeders and Factories - to automatically create first clients/projects/tasks and default users
- Eloquent Query Scopes - show only active clients, for example
- Polymorphic relationships with Spatie Media Library package
- Eloquent Accessors and Mutators - view all date values in
- Soft Deletes on any Eloquent models
- Authorization: Roles/Permissions (admin and simple users), Gates, Policies with Spatie Permissions package
- Authentication: Email Verification
- API Routes and Controllers
- API Eloquent Resources
- API Auth with Sanctum
- Override API Error Handling and Status Codes
- Try-Catch and Laravel Exceptions
- Customizing Error Pages
- Mailables and Mail Facade
- Notifications System: Email
- Automated Tests for CRUD Operations
If you need help, or you want to compare your version with our simple version, here's the public repository with a possible solution.
Notice: please look at that repository only AFTER you've accomplished the task yourself, or if you're confident about your Laravel Advanced Beginner skills and you think you don't need to practice this task.