As you might have noticed - we have used quite a few levels of PHPStan in this course. Let's look at what they mean.
- basic checks
- unknown classes
- unknown functions
- unknown methods called on $this
- wrong number of arguments passed to those methods and functions
- always undefined variables
It means that running PHPStan on level 0 will give you information about issues with the code, such as missing classes or functions. It will cover the basic syntax errors or misuse of functions.
- possibly undefined variables
- unknown magic methods and properties on classes with call and get
It will warn you about possible issues with the code, such as calling a method that does not exist in the class, or they are accessed via magic methods.